Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stuff I Wish I Would Have Done More of ....

Almost a month after dropping my daughter Rachel off at college, the strongest memory of those couple days remains the moments that she and I sat together at the final chapel service. I put my arm around her and she laid her head back against my arm.

My job keeps me from sitting with my family most Sundays ... I'm the preacher. But I found myself wishing I would have found more ways and times to have been able to sit with her in church, put my arm around her and let her lay her head back on my arm.

Come to think of it, I have two other ladies in my home that I still have a chance to do that with. Lord, don't let me miss out again!

(The picture is of Rachel and me on our way to IWU on Sept 3)

1 comment:

  1. I received my ministerial training at IWU, which was then Marion College. I went on to get my Master Degree at another theological school.

    I can relate to you with your daughters. Cindy and Michelle graduated at MVNU which is another outstanding school in Mount Vernon. The chapel services are always like a funeral, WHY??? It kills the parents heart and we leave sobbing, but yet so happy. Wierd!!

    ReplyDelete