Monday, August 26, 2013

An Incredible Fishing Spot


    I got this photo in an email yesterday from a friend and I found it to be quite amazing. More people living in that little circle than living outside of the circle. Within that circle is China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea and a host of other Asian countries.

    What grabbed me was that three of our young adults are now serving in this circle. We seem to be gaining more and more connections with people from and in this circle all the time. Chinese students who come to the US to study have found a church home at CrossPoint. The Lord seems to be developing a heart for the people of this circle in our community of faith.

    Take it another step. I'd like to see an overlay map of Christianity. My hunch is that this region might be the least impacted by the Gospel. Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 10:15-16, "We hope that your faith will grow so that the boundaries of our work among you will be extended. Then we will be able to go and preach the Good News in other places far beyond you, where no one else is working."

    I'm NOT a fisherman. But I'm not dumb either. If I want to go catch fish I go to where there are the most fish. In one sense we go to this region of the world we are fishing for the souls of people in one of the most populated fishing holes in the history of mankind1

No comments:

Post a Comment